Services for Young Children
Preschool Storytime is held in the story garden on Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 10:30 am. This program is designed to:
- provide an introduction to a wide range of children's books
- stimulate new ideas & interests
- help develop language skills
- provide an opportunity to socialize with other children
- encourage a life-long interest in books and libraries
Storytime offers a mix of stories, rhymes and simple activities. The sessions last for approximately 30 minutes.
The children's area has three computers for use by children. These computers have educational games as well as encyclopedias. Microsoft Word and Microsoft Publisher programs are also available. They are not connected to the printers so please ask a children's staff person if you need something printed from these computers.
Children are required to sign in for the use of the computer at the Children's service desk. They are allowed thirty minutes at a time and if no one is waiting they may be allowed extra time. Small children need an adult to assist them in the use of the computers. For more information on computer programs click here.